ATU St Angela’s Academic Writing Centre
The Academic Writing Centre is located in the McKeown Library (Áras Michael) and is a free service for all registered students.
Our academic writing tutor can provide individual and small group tutoring sessions to undergraduate and postgraduate students on every aspect of the writing process including:
- Campus based and online individual and group tutorials
- Academic writing workshops
- Introduction to Academic Writing
- Study and Exam Skills
- Active Reading
- Critical thinking and reflective writing
- Essay planning and structure
- Finding your voice and creating an argument.
- Writing accurately: habits of good grammar.
- Approaches to Referencing and Plagiarism.
- Advanced essay writing and research
- Postgraduate Writing Support
- Reading and writing support groups
- Creative space for reflective writing engagement
The purpose of the Academic Writing Centre is to:
- To Empower students and staff to develop research, writing and study skills.
- To address academic writing concerns which may include assignment planning and writing, referencing, literature reviews, grammar and thesis writing.
- To encourage students and staff to engage in writing as a lifelong skill.