Quick PC Area
1 hour Computers
Students , we are getting rid of PC reservation. Instead we are going to turn the area into a limited use PC area. This is to enable quick turnaround usage of these PCs, and to make it fair that everyone gets to use them.
The limited use Computers are a block of 35 computers in The Infozone (middle floor) only that have green numbered stickers on the monitors. This change will occur this week, between the 13th of Nov and the 18th. We hope the downtime will only be a n hour or so because we are aware that you have exams before Christmas and are under pressure.
2o minute Quick Print Computers
There are also 2 computers near the photocopiers which you just go up to and get 20 minute booking sessions.
Quick PC Area – 35 Computers (1 hour sessions)
2 Quick Print PCS – 20 Minute Sessions
- Each session is 1 hour long.
- At the end of the hour you will be offered an extra 15 minutes in a popup on the screen which you have to click on to accept.
- You can use the limited PC’s a maximum of of 3 hours per day.
- If you leave your booked computer unattended for 10 minutes your session will expire and you will be automatically logged out. This also can happen if you are watching video full-screen because you might not see the popup warnings.
- You can not lock computers
- Computers will be available for use (when we change over from the current reservation system) from 8.30am till 8.45pm Monday-Thursday, Fridays from 8.30am till 4.45pm and Saturdays from 10am till 1.45pm
- You will get reminders on screen when your booking session is due to expire. Please heed these. You will be automatically logged out and will lose any unsaved work. Please regularly save your work.
- Save your work somewhere else other than the hard drive. (My DOCUMENTS) IT Services recommends for you to save your work to your H Drive which you can access everywhere you login on campus. You also have onedrive online storage for free. We recommend you save important work in more than one place. More Info on office356