Students , as requested by you in the student surveys we have now introduced computer booking.
The bookable Computers are a block of 35 computers in The Infozone (middle floor) only that have green numbered stickers on the monitors. The rest of the computers in the library are first come first serve.
Quick Print Computers
There are also 2 computers near the photocopiers which you just go up to and get 20 minute booking sessions.
Bookable PC Area – 35 Computers
2 Quick Print PCS – 20 Minute Sessions
Reservation Station. Opposite Info Desk.
How to Book
- Go to Reservation station, enter student number and book next available pc. You might have to wait for a pc if they are all busy.
- A receipt will automatically print with the pc number and time the pc is ready for you to login.
- Go to that pc at the correct time and login
- You will be automatically signed out once your session is over. Please remember to save your work before your session is over as you will lose it if you don’t.
- Each booking session is 2 hours long.
- If nobody else has that computer booked you will be offered an extra 30 minutes in a popup on the screen.
- You can book a maximum of 4 hours per day.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to login for a booked computer, it will be given to the next person in the queue. Also, 2 hours is deducted from your 4 hour daily booking allocation.
- If you leave your booked computer unattended for 10 minutes your session will expire and you will be automatically logged out. This also can happen if you are watching video full-screen because you might not see the popup warnings.
- You can no longer lock computers
- You can book up to 3 library open days in advance, but you can only have one session booked in advance
- Computers are bookable from 9am till 8.45pm Monday-Thursday, Fridays from 9am till 4.45pm and Saturdays from 10am till 1.45pm
- You will get reminders on screen when your booking session is due to expire. Please heed these. You will be automatically logged out and will lose any unsaved work. Please regularly save your work.
- You will not automatically get reassigned to the same pc if you make a booking again, so save your work somewhere else other than the hard drive. (My DOCUMENTS) IT Services recommends for you to save your work to your H Drive which you can access everywhere you login on campus. You also have onedrive online storage for free. We recommend you save important work in more than one place. More Info on office356