User education sessions take place in a computer lab for a group or one to one appointments are available. Guidance and support are provided around the following topics –
- Navigating the search options available through IT Sligo subscribed resources.
- Developing search strategies, selecting keywords and subject headings.
- Saving searches and setting up search alerts.
- Managing in text citations and referencing using EndNote web software.
- Effective internet searching to retrieve relevant results from open access sources institutional repositories and grey literature.
- How to avoid plagiarism and ensure academic integrity.