We have compiled some free resources we have found over the last few days. you might like to share the most relevant ones with your students
Support for Educators
Minding your mental health during COVID-19 – from National Women’s Council of Ireland
- Google Teach from Home – hub of information and tools to help teachers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
- Open University help for other institutions – drop in sessions
- Hope Matters : Mays Imad offers 10 teaching strategies to support students and help them continue to learn during this time of uncertainty.
- Supporting Teaching and Learning through COVID-19
- Sharing courses not viruses – Educational Innovators respond to COVID-19
Support for Students
- How to read and understand a scientific papers : a guide for non-scientists
- Preparing to Learn Online at University – Need advice on how to study online? Discover study techniques and skills for learning online as part of your university studies. from FutureLearn
- Tips for Successful Online Learning from Edx
Enhanced access due to Covid 19
- Cambridge University Press Core Textbooks – Cancelled due to unprecedented demand – but may return
- CUP Resource Plus – During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak we will be offering Resource Plus to all Cambridge International schools free of charge.
- Techsmith– advice and tutorials on asynchronous teaching as well as free use of screen recording tool, TechSmith Snagit, and asynchronous collaboration platform, TechSmith Video Review.- free to use through the end of June 2020.
- OpenStax makes its online learning tools free
- PDST Distance Learning page – aimed at primary and post primary teachers but has a good listing of online tools and tutorials for using them.