Top 10 things you need to know
Student ID cards are available from the Yeats Library.
There are two different sets of accounts that you might need use the library services.
- Campus account- this gives you access to Moodle, college e-mail and the library databases. More Info on campus password >>
- Library account- this gives you access to exam papers, renewing books online, requesting inter library loans and using the quick check machine (library self service borrowing) More Info on the library password >>
Your profile is a webpage with the information we have on record for you, including the books you have out and your contact details. We use a secure system for this profile so your information is safe. You log into your profile using your library password, and from your profile you can renew books ,set up search alerts, see what rooms you have booked and more.
The library consists of three floors. The lower ground floor is the Social Zone. The social zone is set up with pc's, wifi and rooms that you can book for presentations or group work. It is okay to chat and make a certain amount of noise on the social zone.
The ground floor is the Info zone which holds the majority of the bookstock and the information desk. The Info zone also has the quick check machine where you can check out your own books. We ask that you keep the noise levels to a medium on this floor so that noise does not travel upstairs.
The first floor is known as the Quiet Zone and this is where the quiet study takes place. There are no computers or printers on this floor. It is important that mobile phones are on quiet mode and that you do not make any noise on this floor.If you feel you need to chat or discuss work with a fellow student or staff member we ask that you use a seminar room or move floors. Thank you.
Bring your book to the quick check machine. You need to use your student card and Library password. You can also borrow at the Information Desk. Books can be returned to the library book bin, information desk, or the quick check machine.
- Search for print and online books and print and online journals and reports-use Summon!
- Search for mainly print stock shelved in the library-Use the catalogue
- Search a specific database only-Go to the database directly
- Search for information such as opening hours on the website-Use site search
The social and info zone have computers, printers and scanners for you to use. IT services maintain all of this.
The library has 13 rooms you can book for student group study.
Examination papers from the academic year 2007 – 2014 can be accessed on-line both on and off- campus via the library website.
Students will need their student number and library password to gain access to this service.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems. The e-mails you send to this address go into a helpdesk system and are dealt with in a timely fashion by the staff member most appropriate for your query. You can see our contact details here too »