Institutional Repositories and Open Access
An institutional repository is an online collection of the academic work of an institute.
The link below opens IT Sligo's repository "CUAL".
Examples of content in an IR :
- Theses and dissertations
- research data
- journal articles
- conference papers
- book chapters
- technical reports or any other form of research output.
Irish Institutional Repositories
- Aran -NUIG
- CORA- University College Cork
- DORAS- DCU
- LENUS-Irish Health Repository- HSE
- OAR- Marine Institute
- research_online@UCD- UCD
- RCSI-Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- University of Limerick
- TARA - Trinity College
- Waterford Institute of Technology Repository
Preprint: An article that has not been through the peer review process yet. A publisher has not yet accepted it for printing.
Postprint: An article that has been peer reviewed and accepted by a publisher for printing.
Institutional and Research Repository Portals
- Search the Institutional Repositories of the seven Irish University Libraries
- Open Doar is a directory of repositories and their contents.
- Driver is a European Portal of Digital Repositories for scientific output
The Digital Commons Network provides access to full-text scholarly articles and other research worldwide colleges and universities. This resource is curated by institute librarians and includes much the same content as an IR does.
Search the EThOS hub from the British Library to find theses produced by UK Higher Education. Some items available for free immediate download.